Original Run: January 29, 1989 to January 28, 1990
Tamura Naoto, a new detective in Central City was
killed by a Bioron agent in the line of duty. Dr. Kenzou Igarashi, a man
whose experiments had been responsible for the Bioron syndicate's
existence, brought the man back to life as a robot detective, Jiban. In
the finale, Bioron destroyed Jiban's base and transformed Mad Garbo into
false Jiban. Jiban defeated his duplicate and ultimately Kibanoid, the
true form of Bioron's leader Doctor Kiba. The victorious Jiban then
learned that Igarashi Mayumi, little girl that knew his secret, had been
his missing younger sister all along.
Jiban/Naoto Tamura: A human revived as a cyborg by Dr. Igarashi to fight
Bioron. He is capable of reverting to his human identity at will. Holds
the rank of police commissioner (as a robot) and detective (as human).
Jiban's programming enables him to follow these directives:
1. Arrest criminals in any circumstance without a warrant.
2. Punish criminals on his own judgment if they happen to be members of
3. Use lethal force depending on the circumstances.
Eventually, Bioron's Mad Garbo and Rhinonoid killed Jiban,who then
returned to life again as Perfect Jiban (basically the same previous
design but with a blue-colored metal body and three new
Taken from Wikipedia - Free Encyclopedia. Read more at:
DVD SPECIAL FEATURE
- Digitally Restored Visual and Audio
(Digitally Remastered) DVD
- Interactive Menu Split Chapters (OP, PART A, PART B, ED, NEXT EPS)
- Full featured Jiban The Movie (Restored) in widescreen format
- Pilot / Episode-01 Teaser footage included
- Full screen Presentation, NTSC, Aspect Ratio 4 : 3
- Dolby Digital Stereo: Japanese Track
- All / Free / No Regional Coding
Web Design © The Black Getter's
Garage 2005, all rights reserved. Do not duplicate without permission.
By accessing this website, contacting us, and or
placing an order, you automatically stated that you have read and agree
with our disclaimer. Sales are counted toward donations, from
collectors to collectors, as hobby purposes.